To make a referral for an assessment for sensory integration and for intervention for sensory integration difficulties, you will need a referral to an Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist or Speech and Language Therapist with postgraduate training in Sensory Integration.

Ask your GP or doctor about how to get a referral for an assessment from a Sensory Integration trained Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist or Speech and Language Therapist.

For referrals for school-based assessment services ask your child's teacher or the school's Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator for information about the referrals process in your area.

For assessment for children with learning disabilities and physical disabilities, your local social care worker can advise about the referral process.

If you receive child and adolescent or other mental health or learning disabilities services and think you need an assessment please ask your key worker at your next appointment or review.

For those seeking a therapist in private practice, please follow the links below to search the relevant professional bodies private practitioner databases:

Occupational Therapists


Speech and Language Therapists

If you wish to check sensory integration (SI) qualifications for a particular therapist, please visit the Association of SI Practitioners' Register (ASIP) on Sensory Integration Education's website.